Forum Login

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Graphics Empire > Show-Offs

Show-Offs Show How you so much better than everyone else here.

Forum Led By: Jim Glockz, Newbz

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
Poetic Rapper
is Sinister Literature

----

vBCredits: 5,098
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Wins:
Losses: 0

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:
Default Enickma Logo - Any Suggestions?

ok I designed this logo, anyone have any comments/suggestions? either critique or anything that could possibly make it better.

Planning to put this on a sweatshirt before my next show..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Enickma; 03-08-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Enickma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
Above.It.All
is ...

----

vBCredits: 6,070
Mentioned: 264 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Jim Glockz

Follow & Friend Me:

Thats pretty creative concept. I like what you did with the I and how you made the letters with a 'dripping' effect. Though the distorted/eraser type font makes most the letters just look 'erased', perhaps make the 'dripping' more apparent. With the right colors and such you could make it look chocolate dipped or coffee dipped perhaps..idk. Good though.
Jim Glockz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
HERb.
is ah' Murdeaux

----

vBCredits: 3,478
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 30 Times in 23 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

i like it.. but if you gonna use the mic as an I the letters should be more close together, because it looks a tad bit spaced out.. other than that, pretty dope logo

subHERBian MUSIC
Prince S. Tana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
Poetic Rapper
is Sinister Literature

----

Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

thanks @Jim Glockz but its more of the city (Detroit) under the letters than the dripping effect, is it hard to see? lol

and yea Tana I did space the letters out a bit but it was for the reason, seemed to smushed with that mic in the middle

Old 03-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Dragon's Breath
is going rawr at a tiger

----

vBCredits: 1,585
Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

This is pretty dope. The whole city-skyline showing at the bottom of the text is cool. It's clean.

What I suggest is changing the backwards "E". It feels a tad Eminemish.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Boss
This user has no status.

----

vBCredits: 763
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to J.VeNoM Send a message via MSN to J.VeNoM Send a message via Yahoo to J.VeNoM

Follow & Friend Me:

it's pretty decent, kinda plain if you ask me tho
J.VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
Street Soldier
is Rhyme Syndicate

----

vBCredits: 1,414
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

the skyline letter font looks dope, i think there's another font where the buildings are more defined. Besides the backwards E that Sini pointed out the only focal challenge I see here is the Mic, all the rest of the letters are a thick dark solid black and the mic is too light, if you're using photoshop maybe thickening the stroke around the mic or something idk I know there's a way to darken it to match the lettering but I just woke up late to go to work on my off day so apparantly I'm not thinking so clearly right now lol.
Rude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
Semi-Retired
is Semi-Retired

----

vBCredits: 2,388
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Wins:

Follow & Friend Me:

Is that actually the Detroit skyline? If so, nice. If not, I would try to cutout the actual skyline and mask that in over the letters. I agree with Glockz that I don't like the erased letters, I think you're losing something by using a really bold in your face font but not utilizing the full boldness of it. You're softening the font and that reads as you're softening your name and thus you by extension.

I've never really been a big fan of replacing letters with graphics, I find that it makes the words harder to read. What major company logo really does that? I can't think of any off the top of my head, it's usually small businesses who can't afford professionals to design their logos that think it looks good. That said, I like the mic dropping into the measuring cup, but I might try moving that out in front of the word as more of an identity mark and reinstating the I into the name.

Also, I would try making the skyline a little bit larger across the bottoms of the letters on some of them. You can't do much with the E because any larger and it would look like a backwards F, but the K hardly looks like it has any city at all.

RAP-ROYALTY AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS
PPV 15 Crystal Ball Award

Chris Cookz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Cookz For This Useful Post:
Enickma (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Poetic Rapper
is Sinister Literature

----

Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cookz View Post
That said, I like the mic dropping into the measuring cup, but I might try moving that out in front of the word as more of an identity mark and reinstating the I into the name.
^
not sure what you mean by moving it on front of the word

Quote:
Also, I would try making the skyline a little bit larger across the bottoms of the letters on some of them. You can't do much with the E because any larger and it would look like a backwards F, but the K hardly looks like it has any city at all.
that's how the detroit skyline looks though, the buildings towards the right are the taller ones

I'm confused which direction you're learning towards though..are you for or against the skyline on the bottom of the letters?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #10
Semi-Retired
is Semi-Retired

----

vBCredits: 2,388
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Wins:

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enickma View Post
^
not sure what you mean by moving it on front of the word
I meant like this:

Quote:
that's how the detroit skyline looks though, the buildings towards the right are the taller ones
That's unfortunate a little bit, but it's ok.

Quote:
I'm confused which direction you're learning towards though..are you for or against the skyline on the bottom of the letters?
For the skyline on the bottom of the letters.

Also, 1 final comment: A backwards E in the name of a rapper from Detroit? Really? I feel like that ship has sailed.

RAP-ROYALTY AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS
PPV 15 Crystal Ball Award

Chris Cookz is offline   Reply With Quote