Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Rap-Royalty.Com Leagues > King of the Bar League Season III

King of the Bar League Season III One bar. One champion. Are you King of the Bar?

VOTE VOTE VOTE!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 01:00 AM   #1
The Godfather

Mentioned: 1978 Post(s)
Groans: 50
Groaned at 54 Times in 49 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:
Default Ness Vs. Kin.

KOTB III

Ness Vs. Kin.

Verse Length - One Bar

CHECK IN ASAP.

Verses Due 4/17/17 by 11:59 PM Central.

MANDATORY VOTING FORMAT -

Complexity
- ( Criteria includes Rhyme Scheme, Flow,Double Punching, Effective Set Up. Voters do not have to cite all criteria; but should use all that helped them formulate their opinion, in their explanation for this section. )

Creativity ( The only criteria is to explain which concept(s) you found fresher. )

Punch Effectiveness ( Criteria included execution, humor, personal relevance, directness, and harshness. Voters do not have to cite all criteria, but should use all that helped formulated their opinion, in their explanation of the section.)

Winner faces the winner of Answer Vs. Bare Ryu Vs. Meta4ik to crown the King of the Bar, from my understanding of the Parking Lot concept. @Ness vs. @kin.

"Psychological inbreeding -- groups of people who conspire to believe in the same myths. They spew superstitions and conspiracy theories at each other until it all coagulates into a set of specific brand-name bullshit. Big Foot, orbs, the Illuminati, and the grey are examples of this."

Last edited by Fernando; 04-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Update.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
kin
Kill It Nonstop

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Chickity ChecK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
The Godfather

Mentioned: 1978 Post(s)
Groans: 50
Groaned at 54 Times in 49 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

@kin. Update change to this.

Ness opted for a disqualification win to advance. Thus a different opponent.

Moved due date to Monday because of change.

"Psychological inbreeding -- groups of people who conspire to believe in the same myths. They spew superstitions and conspiracy theories at each other until it all coagulates into a set of specific brand-name bullshit. Big Foot, orbs, the Illuminati, and the grey are examples of this."
Old 04-12-2017, 10:28 AM   #4
Clever

Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Groans: 8
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Check

SHOUT OUT TO RUDE FOR BOTH^^^

"I'm the coldest white rapper in the game since the one with the bleached hair"
Old 04-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
kin
Kill It Nonstop

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

here off a Disqualification W?? did Bare Ryu dirty wit' that!

Royalty Disgrace, an you Claim we Bout to See You King Bro?
How Dare-He, Queen Ness Proud of that DQ Win-Doh!
Schizo, Head Shot kill em' Quickly, Clip'll Drop n' ya Lid'll Blow
Leave his Brain Outside his Body like Lil' Dicky's Pillow Talk Video!!!

Old 04-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #6
Clever

Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Yo, pass the mic and I’ll gas it right, like I’m about to bake kin with the fire,
he must smoke that grass all night to think he deserves the crown & this empire
But we coulda been friends, shit we mighta even been kin, but when you matched up to me you became the B to my P, kin.
Slow it down”? I speed up while you break’n, he can’t even handle the force of a ‘Gso how can this fool be ‘kinG’?

Pass the mic- song he did with his group
BP- One of his friends who passed away.

SHOUT OUT TO RUDE FOR BOTH^^^

"I'm the coldest white rapper in the game since the one with the bleached hair"

Last edited by Chutney Jollyballs; 04-18-2017 at 12:59 AM..
Old 04-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #7
Street Soldier

Mentioned: 183 Post(s)
Groans: 11
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Yo, pass the mic and I’ll gas it right, like I’m about to bake kin with the fire,
But we coulda been friends, shit we mighta even been kin, but when you matched up to me you became the B to my P, kin.
“Slow it down”? I speed up while you break’n, he can’t even handle the force of a ‘G’ so how can this fool be ‘kinG’?

^
Ness that was a great deal of multis and a series of Kin wordplay lines. The BP line was OD grimey, so kudos for that. Plus really slick rhyme pattern. This was a really solid showing here from you. The one bar was kinda extended so it was more like 2-3 bars but it was a great read.

^
Damn Kin! I didn't expect that to be honest. The Dairy Queen line was really clever. You can tell that you do a great deal of audio music on a regular but the text from you is kinda tight bro. I really enjoyed it. Sounded better out loud than Ness' piece but im sure Ness could say that piece out loud and move us.

Overall Vote: Kin

Last edited by SelfSavior; 04-20-2017 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-29-2017, 09:10 PM   #8
Boss

Mentioned: 882 Post(s)
Groaned at 20 Times in 20 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

KIN

Yo- that was dope man, nice punches and loved the current pillow talk line. That video is dope.

NESS
“Slow it down”? I speed up while you b
reak’n, he can’t even handle the force of a ‘G’ so how can this fool be ‘kinG’?

Good job Ness, I you really brought some good lines and punches. Nice drop.

Complexity - Flow and rhyme scheme, I think both of you came with solid bars. Ness seemed to stretch a line a bit, but not too bad. Overall I think both of you did a solid job with complexity, flow, rhyme scheme. Both real nice.

Creativity - Ness the kin line about being friends was ok, not too creative, but I like the rest, but I think that Kin came with the overall more creative verse. The Pillow talk line was dope and the concept of the DQ line really stood out.

Punch Effectiveness - I thought ness had some good solid punches, but it took a minute to get there in that kin line. The personals were good on both sides, but the punch effectiveness goes to Kin. The Pillow talk was dope and the DQ punch sealed it for me.

Overall, both did a really solid job, but I give this battle to Kin for the harder hitting verse and a little more creativity. Pretty close battle.

Vote - Kin

RR Record
48-21 - 27KO Battle Record

Gifted Scripts League Season 4 CHAMPION
11-2(9KO)

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-

-

GSL Season 5 Tag-Team Champion
Walking Keys & Baron X

Text Topical
Champion

Old 04-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
Associate

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Follow & Friend Me:

Royalty Disgrace, an you Claim we Bout to See You King Bro? How Dare-He, Queen Ness Proud of that DQ Win-Doh!
Schizo, Head Shot kill em' Quickly, Clip'll Drop n' ya Lid'll Blow Leave his Brain Outside his Body like Lil' Dicky's Pillow Talk Video!!!

thought your punch was really creative, something current, related to rap and not just a nameflip. i wasn't as big a fan of the dairy queen reference as the others seem to be something about it felt off? but i do like your tie in to the premise and trying to use a personal as well

overall it was a great bar

Yo, pass the mic and I’ll gas it right, like I’m about to bake kin with the fire, he must smoke that grass all night to think he deserves the crown & this empire
But we coulda been friends, shit we mighta even been kin, but when you matched up to me you became the B to my P, kin. “Slow it down”? I speed up while you break’n, he can’t even handle the force of a ‘G’ so how can this fool be ‘kinG’?

this is one helluva 'bar' lol

i think your bar really showcased a very smooth flow and wordplay on his name but i don't really think your punch was all that creative and really lacked a hard hitting punch in the entire 'bar'. the g is a creative touch but i think it serves better as a SET UP and not your primary fatality finish

overall it was an ok bar but i think spent too much time on writing name plays and not enough time on the actual dissing aspect

Complexity - tie
i think both were pretty on point in what they were doing. i'd give the slight edge to kin for his punch effectiveness/double punching but again some of that is negated for me because i wasn't big on his dq line. ness stayed consistent with what he was wanting to do so i give him props there. hard to call, one way tells me a tie is in order, the other says kin should get this, but i have a clear cut winner so going with first instinct

Creativity - kin
i think both were creative but kin's ability to finish off his punch with more fire definitely tilted in his favor this category. i wasn't a big fan of the dq stuff but understood why he was aiming with that. but his end punch was really good. ness on the other hand had good ideas but nothing that ever hit hard which in a one bar battle really needs to lay the hammer down

Punch Effectiveness - kin
just had a smoother feel and grasp of the battle concept so his punch translated better, hit harder, and made his bar feel more complete. he mixed personals with punches and injected a bit of all the battle elements you want to see in a battle verse, not just a bar, which he did both

mvgt: kin

good job guys, nice battle
Old 04-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #10
kin
Kill It Nonstop

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

@Disputer