Forum Login

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Rap-Royalty.Com Leagues > Gifted Scripts League Season III > Gifted Scripts Season Two

Gifted Scripts Season Two Season Two completed battles rest here.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Underboss
is nothing but awesome

----

vBCredits: 11,338
Mentioned: 401 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Wins:
Losses: 0

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:
Default Week One Predictions and Discussion Thread

A place for league discussion and battle predictions

WEEK ONE

L Oquence (0-0) vs. TGO (0-0)
EndSane (0-0) vs. The2rrell (0-0)
Mikkel Angelo (0-0) vs. Relentless (0-0)
GreenBeard (0-0) vs. Tainted Scrolls (0-0)
Jim Glockz (0-0) vs. Enickma (0-0)
Don Sensezi (0-0) vs. Answer (0-0)
Synesthesia (0-0) vs. Pen (0-0)
Kel Il (0-0) vs. The Rebel (0-0)
Taki (0-0) vs. Jeffrey Vagn (0-0)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
Underboss
is nothing but awesome

----

Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Week One Topics and Battles are posted.

Week One Battles were randomly drawn from a hat. . . .

Remember to check in, observe all deadlines, and more importantly VOTE!!!! This leagues success depends on YOU guys more than anything. . so please please please. . .show up if your signed in, and make sure you get your votes in.

Again, thank you all so very much for being a part of this season and trusting me to run it. Have fun, and best of luck to everyone involved.

@L Oquence @TGO @EndSane @The2rrell @Mikkel Angelo @Relentless @GreenBeard @Tainted Scrolls @Jim Glockz @Enickma @Don Sensezi @Answer @Synesthesia @Pen @Kel Il @The Rebel @Taki @Jeffrey Vagn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
Underboss
is nothing but awesome

----

Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

If you have any questions or want to discuss anything, you can do it in here. mention tag my name, and i will be sure to respond as soon as i see it. .

Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Associate
This user has no status.

----

vBCredits: 1,638
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Wins:

Follow & Friend Me:

@rhetorical

Apologies, but i dont know how this works. So for the bettle we have comeing up, we pick as many topics as we want and do as many lines as we want until we see fit? or do me the other member have to agree on a line count and topic?

i read the rules, but it made it sound like each person can pick and do whatever they want. they just drop and the people decide.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
RR Fantasy Football Champ
This user has no status.

----

vBCredits: 13,712
Mentioned: 394 Post(s)
Groans: 50
Groaned at 25 Times in 25 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

I predict kel il > @The Rebel
and a few no shows in between

Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
is Enlightened

----

vBCredits: 10,997
Mentioned: 252 Post(s)
Groans: 8
Groaned at 25 Times in 24 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Rebel>Kel

I want to be a better man, I want to strip my flesh from spirit, I want to write the songs that people sing that inspire them to be fearless-Manchild

~Offical Battle Record~

PPV 2-0 2ko

Tournaments 2-2 1ko

Exhibition 3-0 2ko

League 2-2 1ko

Overall 9-4 6ko's

-Other accolades-
Best audio topical battle

Befriend Me

Old 03-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
Underboss
is nothing but awesome

----

Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2rrell View Post
@rhetorical

Apologies, but i dont know how this works. So for the bettle we have comeing up, we pick as many topics as we want and do as many lines as we want until we see fit? or do me the other member have to agree on a line count and topic?

i read the rules, but it made it sound like each person can pick and do whatever they want. they just drop and the people decide.
the line limit is 16 min. 40 max. . that is lines, not bars

For the topics, you have to select at least 1 topic from the list. You can choose any topic. . Image, song/movie, general . . . you can use as many topics out of that list as you want, but they must come from that list.

and remember, you have complete creative control over you topics. . so if you choose "butterfly effect", It does not have to relate directly to the move. . . it could be about a gang of butterflies that run around bashing homosexual grasshoppers if you wanted lol.. its entirely up to you.

Also, to all writers. . . you and your opponent dont have to choose the same topic. Its open for you guys to use whatever you want.. So just pick one and start writing.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
Above.It.All
is ...

----

vBCredits: 6,168
Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Jim Glockz

Follow & Friend Me:

L Oquence (0-0) vs. TGO (0-0)

This battle has loads of potential. Both writers can clearly come up with nice ideas for any topic. While I, myself, am not to familiar with TGO as he hasn't written many topicals as of late, I can say that his fill in during the PPV was impressive. This battle with come down to imagery I feel. Who can paint the better the picture. With not knowing too much about TGO, I'm forcing myself to go with L Oquence.

EndSane (0-0) vs. The2rrell (0-0)

Know I always seem to be interested in these Newcomer vs Veteran matchups. While Endsane is still a new writer to RR himself, The2rrell is even newer. I've only glimpsed a few write ups by The2rrell and he has his hands full going against Endsane here. He will need to prove himself a 'out the box' thinker this round. I am choosing to go with Endsane here as he rarely disappoints.

Mikkel Angelo (0-0) vs. Relentless (0-0)

This matchup will most likely be a tough choice for any voter. This whole tournament is filled with great writers and these two are definitely deserving of no lesser title. While Mikkel is more geared for audio I feel all audio has a written base and text will not trip him up. This is probably the most even of the battle that I can see right now. While a tie is what comes to mind, only one can advance, I'm picking Relentless on this one.

GreenBeard (0-0) vs. Tainted Scrolls (0-0)

Hm. I'm not to sure what to think of this matchup. The host of Season One vs an establishing writer. I can't see Greenbeard quite at the level he needs to be to best Tainted Scrolls. While a good writer he still seems prone to the basic mistakes new writers make. I have to go with T.S here.

Jim Glockz (0-0) vs. Enickma (0-0)

May the best man win. I will have to bring my best.

Don Sensezi (0-0) vs. Answer (0-0)

As unsure as I am with most these matchups..this is the one battle that I can't seem to call. So with a roll of the dice I'm just going to choice Answer.

Synesthesia (0-0) vs. Pen (0-0)

I gotta say its hard to bet against a veteran writer like Pen. He has dropped nothing but excellence since he has come here. However, Synesthesia has proven himself against Grimmus in the PPV. His abstract thinking and writing may just be able to best Pen. But I think Pen prevails with his unique vocabulary and story forming. If Syn can win though, on a side note, ..it will be the biggest upset of Round One IMO.

Kel Il (0-0) vs. The Rebel (0-0)

Everyone signed to this tournament is able writers, so it would be redundant to repeat that here. Like Mikkel Kel seems geared for audio and sometimes..I've seen that be a factor in text tournaments. Because how something is read is often read in different emotions and aspects by readers, where as if it's heard there is little mistake for how the artist intends it to be. That said, I don't expect it to be a problem but it does count for something since I haven't read much of Kel Il writing. I have to side with what I know and thats Rebel can be good at times, consistency still plagues him though.

Taki (0-0) vs. Jeffrey Vagn (0-0)

Not to familiar with Taki. So I have to side with Jeff here. I can't really speak on this battle to much.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
The Worlds Finest
is Flyin' Bayou

----

vBCredits: 10,268
Mentioned: 417 Post(s)
Groans: 60
Groaned at 29 Times in 29 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

MV2 - Pen, rebel, and jeff vagn dig me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusense
@
Nu Burgundy.. "He has a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo."
Quote:
[09:07 PM]
: Nusense, how did you get a woman to have sex with you?
Quote:
I was 'actually' being quite serious, faggots. Was going to creep out of retirement to battle all of you at once.

EvilMinded vs Matches/Slyfe/NuSense/Jericko/Bayou/Answer...

But you just fucked that up, @
. I hope you're happy now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel il
What are you doing right now Cody? You about to kamaya maya me? Or did your hands get cut off conveniently just before you did it?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
The 4 Horsemen
is Cage Cannibal

----

vBCredits: 4,266
Mentioned: 649 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Wins:

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhetorical View Post
Also, to all writers. . . you and your opponent do have to choose the same topic. Its open for you guys to use whatever you want.. So just pick one and start writing.
Im assuming this is a typo and you meant "dont" have to choose the same topic. Just looking for confirmation, because otherwise, Im gonna have to flag down my opponent so we can decide on something before I can start

27 W - 4 L - 20 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Slyfe may look funny but he's reliable, shouldn't be a problem.