Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Battle Section > Rap Battles Arena > Completed Rap Battles Archive

Like Tree6Likes

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #1
The cloutless horseman

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Follow & Friend Me:
Default Cody Phoenix vs Little Vam - Cody Phoenix wins via majority decision (5-3)

@Cody Phoenix
As agreed on earlier

eight bars, topical.

@The Villain or @Disputer

Since he seems like he has pictures to spare, he should post a topical picture and well yeah Cody and I will battle.

Also Cody check in and all that
Timmy Giblets likes this.

Last edited by Little Vam; 09-13-2017 at 01:12 AM..
Little Vam is online now   Reply With Quote

The Following User Says Thank You to Little Vam For This Useful Post:
Timmy Giblets (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #2
Godfather

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Groaned at 73 Times in 71 Posts

Follow & Friend Me:

This is a reminder to both participants!

Two Vote Links Required: Both you and your opponent will need a vote link (one apiece) for a total of 2 vote links.

Vote the battles by breaking down, giving advice to improve, critiquing, and explaining why someone won the battle. Do it correct the first time so you don't have to go back and do it again! You elevate when people tell you what to work on and where -- can't go that if people don't break it down!

Our motto is: good votes, not shitty votes that help absolutely no-one improve!

The voting page can be found here: Voting Page For All Rap Battles
Knee-Che-Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:13 AM   #3

Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Groans: 65
Groaned at 101 Times in 85 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Let's get it. I'll grind out an 8 bar tomorrow!
Little Vam likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Rude!

-Writtens-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love kindle, you get swindled, by the Charlatan
Who brings romance like a Harlequin
Authorities hunting me down for years
From every city I leave a trail of tears
If you scared? You should be afraid my dears
Stay away from the magician who never reappears, cause yo

[Chorus]
Oh, oh no oh they got me on the run
Away from the sun, the sun the sun

Timmy Giblets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #4

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

We Marvel at the fact of how anyone can be the just,
our super sanity becomes the Joker that believes in us,
and it's fooling you into seeing something we'd all run from,
the unknown mystique we try to capture with loved ones,
It's strange how strong our instinct to be a super hero is..
To prove that it's real, defying truth behind fearlessness,
and we seek something incredible -- reaching for cameras,
bleating with damage, each Sun in us gleaming like amethysts'
our soul portrays a hidden Batman embedded in each of us
all we see is the Flash, a quick reflex we leave in dusts,
one blink and it's always shrouded in those hypothetical's
NEWS channels seemingly seeking things I would never do,
they'll never admit it but our cities are plagued with violence,
crimes, tainted tyrants, saying they need a way to fight it..
all I do is sit and wonder, is this desire a one time fling?
what if I got a gift of thunder or justice in guns I bring?
Who knows... I ain't done a thing.
Little Vam likes this.

Thanks, Rude!

-Writtens-

[Chorus]

The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy Giblets For This Useful Post:
Little Vam (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #5
The cloutless horseman

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Follow & Friend Me:

Tar colored fog blots out the sun, like poison choking its victims and robbing them of all life.
Even at night the stars are for not, none survived soaked in the powerful fumes clawed through bodies like the sharpest knife.
A booming city turned into a mass graveyard overnight.
Weeks before the looming threat of a new gas, said to be pestilence jarred, a instantaneous plight. One to make all defenses, all wars seem trite.
For one night, all fighting ceased the invaders pleased they combed over their wicked gains observing those they slain.
They ruined the land they claimed and choose their fate to reign over nothing more then a wasteland
Funny to think that while it only used once in hate, caused so much fear in the clans they never fought again.
Called "God's Hand" blasphemy if used by a mortal man

http://www.rap-royalty.com/forum/vot...s-baron-x.html
Timmy Giblets likes this.
Timmy Giblets (09-13-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #6
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Mentioned: 1597 Post(s)
Groans: 160
Groaned at 52 Times in 49 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

@Cody Phoenix votelink.

XCI - VI - LXVIII

[Today 09:02 PM] Disputer: If this is Faget by Korn, Ruvik, I will be angry.

Fernando
: Hajime is currently sitting on his Cheez Whiz stained beanbag chair yelling at his mother for turkey and taters while smoking his menthol cigarettes. He is busy.

Little Vam: I have so much ice, they gonna call me ASAP ANTARTICA
Felipe Gannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:35 AM   #7

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

heard @slyfe

http://www.rap-royalty.com/forum/vot...ck-1-vote.html

Thanks, Rude!

-Writtens-

[Chorus]

The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy Giblets For This Useful Post:
Felipe Gannon (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

This will be moved to the Voting Area and hidden until several of the current battles have reached completion.

XCI - VI - LXVIII

Fernando
: Hajime is currently sitting on his Cheez Whiz stained beanbag chair yelling at his mother for turkey and taters while smoking his menthol cigarettes. He is busy.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:53 AM   #9
Boss

Mentioned: 681 Post(s)
Groans: 173
Groaned at 41 Times in 39 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

If I'm not mistaken you've already posted this drop before @cody Phoenix......kind of disappointed you didn't do something new. My biggest problem with this piece is that the story seems really brushed over, including the message. You reference superheroes but you don't fight into the meat of the message or meaning of the piece. The drop itself, while having solid technical ability, lacks the depth needed to really grasp the readers attention. I felt you just threw in the heroes (while being okay for references to previous lines) was just meant to fill a given topic or idea. I had trouble connecting fully with your story, largely due to the image having little to do with what you were talking about and also because I didn't feel what you were trying to convey. In technical aspects it's strong but for me personally I can't really connect to it.

I can't remember if you've also posted this drop before @Little Vam, but it seems familiar. Your problem is opposite of Cody's, I enjoyed the depth of your story and what it gave image wise. But the technical aspects are rather shakey. I definitely think you could've ironed them out more since line lengths got away from you stretching the bars out a lot more compared to others. I also think the multis could've been refined better, you need to watch the amount of syllables you put per line as it'll affect your flow. Overall, a good story imagery and depth wise, but Shakey mechanics.

Honestly, the deciding factor for this vote for me comes down to which one I enjoyed more. I've already seen Cody's and when I first saw it I thought it was okay but I wasn't thrilled about it, I was hoping to see something new (paper boats was a great drop) but was shown something you've already done before. Vammy I'm not sure if you've posted this before, but it's written like one of your older pieces mechanics wise. Vammys just felt a bit fresher to me and I was personally more captivated by the story than Cody's. So Vammy edged it out for me.

That being said, if Cody had done something newer I feel he could've taken it, Vammy your biggest problem is mechanics, without a well polished mechanical piece it can really hurt you for text topicals. You're always progressing it's just the only area you really struggle in. As for Cody I've seen him drop a lot better in the past (recently as well) and this was a recycled piece he's dropped once already before.

MVGT: @Little Vam

Props to Rude for the signature's!
EUNIQE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

1 vote submitted.

XCI - VI - LXVIII

Fernando