Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Battle Section > Call-Outs

Call-Outs Call out the best Rap-Royalty.Com has to offer here. All rap battles, text battles, audio battles, gfx battles can be challenged here

Like Tree28Likes
Closed Thread

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
Mr. IDGAFIMAAC

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:
Default RR's Next PPV

I put this in callouts and not talk for a reason (so people could see it when not logged in)

A few months ago, Krowned Kris and I were given the go ahead by Disp to put together a small PPV of quality, dope, match-up oriented battles. This PPV was both meant to provide entertainment by giving us match ups we want to see and to give us a barometer as to who might deserve a title shot at the next PPV event. Busy-ness and fluctuating activity have kept me from moving on this before now, but fuck it: let's do it.

The purpose of this thread is for RR users of all shapes, sizes and experience levels to make suggestions, primarily on match ups but all suggestions are welcome. How this works will depend on your level of participation. If this thread takes off and we get lots of discourse and good ideas, then we'll pare it down to the most requested matches and vote on them in a new thread. If we end up with barely enough suggestions to eke out a card, then the end product will reflect your own lack of effort and input.

I will tally the votes that each suggestion recieves and will maintain an easy access list in this post. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Let's start, shall we?

Potential Match-Ups

Wes Ghost vs. Vlad, Walking Keys, or Sammy (topical)
Usurp vs TGO (horrorcore)
Meta4ik vs Diasick (text, pending Dia growing a set of balls)
SelfSavior vs. Illusion (audio diss)
Jimmy Conway vs. RDMiller (beat battle)

Last edited by Meta4ik; 04-04-2017 at 01:19 PM..

Old 04-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Above.It.All

Mentioned: 1178 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Jim Glockz Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Glockz

Follow & Friend Me:

Man..who is active enough to actually do a PPV anymore..hm...

JimmyConway vs RDMiller (Producer beat battle)
Self vs Illusion (Audio Diss Battle)
Baron vs Wes (Topical text Battle)
Usurp vs TGO (Horrorcore Topical Battle)

Idk...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

..Audio Page..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Glockz For This Useful Post:
SelfSavior (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
Mr. IDGAFIMAAC

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

I'll start by suggesting the following:

Wes Ghost vs. Sammy (topical)
The two best topical heads on the site not named Walking Keys, imo. This to me is really a no-brainer and the results could legit be classic if both brought their A-game. Whether a picture or a written prompt (or even just a line limit,) this is one of the matches I've most wanted to make happen.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #4
Mr. IDGAFIMAAC

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Glockz View Post
Man..who is active enough to actually do a PPV anymore..hm...

JimmyConway vs RDMiller (Producer beat battle)
Self vs Illusion (Audio Diss Battle)
Baron vs Wes (Topical text Battle)
Usurp vs TGO (Horrorcore Topical Battle)

Idk...

Since joining here, I've noticed that activity has directly correlated to what's going on on the site. When TGO got the KOTB going, activity definitely spiked a bit, but then it stalled and he went inactive(ish), it dropped like a rock.

Everyone's told me how much PPV's tend to bring folks out of the woodwork and I don't intend to go inactive, so let's see what happens!

Good suggestions btw. Is horrorcore topical a thing? Am unfamiliar.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #5
Street Soldier

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

I'm always available.

I think Jim got everything minus himself vs Coulter in topical audio

Old 04-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #6

By "Def" "Inition"

Mentioned: 396 Post(s)
Groans: 60
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Usurp Send a message via AIM to Usurp Send a message via MSN to Usurp Send a message via Yahoo to Usurp Send a message via Skype™ to Usurp

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta4ik View Post
Is horrorcore topical a thing? Am unfamiliar.
exactly ... i dont do topicals at all
but i get down on the horrorcore

Old 04-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #7

By "Def" "Inition"

Mentioned: 396 Post(s)
Groans: 60
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Usurp Send a message via AIM to Usurp Send a message via MSN to Usurp Send a message via Yahoo to Usurp Send a message via Skype™ to Usurp

Follow & Friend Me:

personally i think this would be a great thing
but at the same time ... im pretty sure if we have'n trouble get'n votes
or finishing a league of 1 bars
or anything of the sort
so at this moment in time i'd say lets get the activity of the site up 1st

also .. this could bring activity

and again at the same time .... last thing we wanna see is 16 no shows
or 10 extensions
shit like that, lets focus on finishing off the other shit before we take a step into new shit
lets get some people on the site .... there is like 20 active battlers on the site left

Old 04-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #8
Sick

Mentioned: 1026 Post(s)
Groans: 188
Groaned at 153 Times in 132 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

I refuse to do a ppv if it aint ran by a proven member on the site, this is disputer's domain.

however we have never had a problem with ppv votes, its ran so smoothly that battles are over same day, thats why they are staggered like that, it be dark times if a ppv battle isn't over in a day.

these members aint going to come out of the woodwork if someone they don't know is running it, no offense.

also SHK/disp keep in contact with these members during ppv time, so that's why.

Last edited by Diasick; 04-02-2017 at 12:11 PM..
Old 04-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
Street Soldier

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

The problem with the voting in my opinion is that the only time someone votes is when they are going for a battle themselves (which is rare because losing to them is the end of their world).

So as a result of the above mentioned, the battle section turns into a graveyard. We could get more opinions thru a YouTube channel with a poll for each asking who won.

That's my suggestion as well. We should have a YouTube channel for the ppvs and have a director introduce the competitors and their pieces. It will be available to all and the comments are enabled for review.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #10
Sick

Mentioned: 1026 Post(s)
Groans: 188
Groaned at 153 Times in 132 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfSavior View Post
The problem with the voting in my opinion is that the only time someone votes is when they are going for a battle themselves (which is rare because losing to them is the end of their world).

So as a result of the above mentioned, the battle section turns into a graveyard. We could get more opinions thru a YouTube channel with a poll for each asking who won.

That's my suggestion as well. We should have a YouTube channel for the ppvs and have a director introduce the competitors and their pieces. It will be available to all and the comments are enabled for review.
they already done that on the PPV reveal show every year. unfortunately I think that is RIP'd for right now lol.
Closed Thread