Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum

Go Back   Rap-Royalty.Com - The Best Hip Hop & Rap Forum > Battle Section > Audio Drops

Audio Drops Feel free to drop all your audios, rap songs, rap & hip hop beats, instrumentals, audio battles to get feed.

Two Feedback Links Required: Must give quality, detailed feedback to two people's work.

Replying to your thread in ANY way requires a new feedback link.

Like Tree16Likes

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
9th Dimensional Being

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Follow & Friend Me:
Default Orpheus the Magician - P.S.A (Prod by BVU)

Click Here To Listen To This Song On Soundcloud

FB: http://www.rap-royalty.com/forum/782666-post7.html
http://www.rap-royalty.com/forum/782667-post6.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Know that the mask destroys one identity while creating another of greater power.
TheMagician is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
Godfather

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 73 Times in 71 Posts

Follow & Friend Me:

ATTENTION TheMagician,

Two Feedback Links Required: Must give quality, detailed feedback to two people's work.

This is a reminder -- make sure it's at least 4-5 sentences of feedback. We like to give quality feedback here, not bullshit where nobody improves. It's about everyone, not just one person :). Your post will be removed if you have not done this. Hop on it if you have not already.

------------------------------------------

If you want to get the most out of your work, please do the following. Click the Facebook Like button to share with your friends. Click the Twitter button to follow. Google +1 to share with users across the world.

This is very simple and an awesome way to share and connect your work with more people! The more people that hear you, the bigger your audience. The bigger your audience, the more fans you will have. The more fans you have, the bigger your name can grow. Please members of Rap-Royalty.Com, share this with your friends and help each other grow!
Knee-Che-Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #3
A Bum

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 1

Follow & Friend Me:

Yo, this is pretty chill right here. I was digging the smooth jazzy vibe from the beginning. I thought the laid-back vocal delivery complimented the punchlines you brought very well.

With that said, I did feel like some of the lines felt "crammed," meaning there were a couple spots where the flow became sped up or choppy in a rather jarring fashion to make up for lack of bar space on the beat or to fill space by stretching out the lines with pauses and such.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't call it bad, just a minor blemish that could be improved on, and it definitely doesn't break the song.

I thought this was solid and easy to vibe to, and I loved the positive message about cutting off fake people to focus on yourself and whatnot. Great job.
TheMagician likes this.
AhmadPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AhmadPeace For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (09-12-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
The Godfather

Mentioned: 1978 Post(s)
Groans: 50
Groaned at 54 Times in 49 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

Solid picture to go for this... I like the beat on this one with the jazzy feels. Reminds me a lot of something that @EvilMindeD would produce. You also remind me a bit of @Royal-T with the delivery. Would like to hear you two collaborate one day. That said, I like the lyrics that you bring to the table. They interest me, they are not like a lot of things out there and so that keeps me invested to hear what you're going to say next. I could quote quite a few lyrics in this. Body and soul part was solid. Wallet line. Bragging style done in a different way with some comedy thrown in here and there. Your delivery isn't too bad, would've liked to hear some more switching it up. Overall I liked the presentation, something unique that you bring to the table that makes me want to listen. I enjoyed this, just some minor things to look at, in my opinion. But still solid work.

"Psychological inbreeding -- groups of people who conspire to believe in the same myths. They spew superstitions and conspiracy theories at each other until it all coagulates into a set of specific brand-name bullshit. Big Foot, orbs, the Illuminati, and the grey are examples of this."
Fernando is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fernando For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (09-14-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Associate

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Follow & Friend Me:

this has such a smooth like 90's hip hop r&b/hip hop nate dogg vibe to it lol i really like it the sit back and relax nature of it, jazziness of it all. one thing i think you could consider is adding some of the rhythm to your delivery that you show in like certain parts of the verse, i don't really mind the straight shooting/talking to you of the track but when you added in the rhythms like at 45 sec mark i really liked that, made it sound so cool! wordplay and lyricism used was really a great touch to make your points connect. seems like this is based on things that happened to you but without getting super details on the ongoings. the vibe of the track was so smooth it was hard to not enjoy, thanks for the listen!
Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wench For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-12-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #6

Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Groans: 65
Groaned at 101 Times in 85 Posts

Awards Showcase

Follow & Friend Me:

I liked this @TheMagician ... Really awesome! Laid back, chill af .... Really makes me wonder about how our collab's will turn out. This really was jazzy, I like the flow you got on this, too. Lyrically I think you can improve here and there, mostly just a few word cuts here and there and what not. I dig this whole joint tho.... Not much to critique at the moment, from me at least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, Rude!

-Writtens-

I love kindle, you get swindled, by the Charlatan
Who brings romance like a Harlequin
Authorities hunting me down for years
From every city I leave a trail of tears
If you scared? You should be afraid my dears
Stay away from the magician who never reappears, cause yo

[Chorus]
Oh, oh no oh they got me on the run
Away from the sun, the sun the sun

Timmy Giblets is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy Giblets For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #7
A Nobody

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Follow & Friend Me:

Sounds like Scarface-I seen a man die
chewthecactus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chewthecactus For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-21-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
Associate

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Follow & Friend Me:

steady throwing banana peels but you the one thats really slippin..i was feeling that shit right there..at first i thought the track needed more energy but i think after listening to the whole thing you meant for it to sound monotone to a point..the hook was dope like that old vibe it had to it. lyrics was nice overall this was a dope track

ChAsErDoWn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChAsErDoWn For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #9
A Bum

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Follow & Friend Me:

so happy to see a thread for this one, Orpheus! that's not to say i think any of your other stuff isn't up to snuff, but this is definitely my favorite track you have up currently.

everything about this one is great in my opinion. i absolutely love your flow here; you ride this beat perfectly (and as someone else mentioned, i too got a Scarface vibe first time i heard this, haha). and the chorus part is really cool as well. it's one of those hooks that truly hooks the listener in and stays in your head. the mix is also very good, which makes the listen even more enjoyable.

great work all around! i hope to hear more dope stuff from you in the very near future.

peace.
Quid of Civill Artists is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quid of Civill Artists For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #10
@pageturnerflow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Follow & Friend Me:

beat starts out dope
vocals are a bit loud, maybe like +3DB too high
lyrics are pretty dope but the vocal being so loud is exaggerating the flaws

everything was dope man. i like this a lot. I played the whole way and think the only flaw is that level. shit is slappin!

Music, Videos, Tours and More @
!

Long Story EP Available on
and more

|

PageTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PageTurner For This Useful Post:
TheMagician (10-21-2017)